One of my favorite things to do in the world is to cook. I love making deserts, meals, or just dishes to bring to family gatherings. It definitely took me a while to learn how to cook in general but I did it! Here are three of my favorite things to make, let me know if you try them!
XO DIVA D
1.) Khloé Kardashian’s Mac & Cheese:
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Recipe Type: Dinner
- Serves: 12
- 1 16oz bag of macaroni
- 3 eggs
- 1 bag of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 box of Velveeta, cut into cubes
- 1 stick of butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Butter flavor PAM Spray
- 1/2 teaspoon of Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2. Boil noodles using instructions on package. Drain and pour cooked noodles in a large mixing bowl. Add your eggs, butter and milk, and stir.
- 3. Sprinkle each seasoning from one side of bowl to the other side and stir in. Next, add your Velveeta and 75 percent of your shredded cheese and stir.
- 4. Spray a 1 qt. glass baking dish with PAM (butter-flavor), pour contents of bowl into the dish and even it out with your spoon. Cover the top of your noodles by sprinkling the rest of the shredded cheese.
- 5. Bake uncovered in oven for 25 minutes. Take out when top is bubbly and golden brown.
- 6. Enjoy!
2.) Penut Butter Balls:
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (substitute other nut butters, if needed)
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 cup+ powdered sugar
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips)
- Mix peanut butter and butter together in a mixing bowl. Gradually stir in powdered sugar until combined well into a dough ball. If needed, add more powdered sugar a little at a time until mixture holds together in a large ball. Cover and let peanut butter dough sit for about 15 minutes to firm up, or cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to form balls.
- Shape into 1-inch balls, place on a baking sheet, cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to allow to firm up. Dough balls should hold shape before dipping in chocolate. Add more refrigeration time if necessary.
- Melt chocolate according to package instructions.
- Dip peanut butter balls one at a time into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper lined baking sheet, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3.) Lea Michele’s Egg White Frittata:
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
¼ onion, chopped
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
8 egg whites (you can separate these, or buy these in a carton)
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
8 ounces fresh spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a heavy skillet, add olive oil and bring to medium-low heat.
3. Saute onions and peppers until vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the mixture with salt and pepper.
5. Pour egg whites into the skillet and cook for three minutes.
6. Sprinkle the top with feta and spinach.
7. Put skillet in oven and bake, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes; if you use whole eggs instead of egg whites, bake at 400 degrees.
8. Loosen the edges of the frittata with a rubber spatula, and then invert onto a plate.